125 Titus Avenue
Warrington, PA, 18976
Legal and Tax Issues for Small Business Employers
Has your small business grown and you now need to hire employees? Are you prepared for the legal and tax ramifications? Understand common HR and payroll pitfalls and how your business could face legal and tax exposure. SCORE Bucks County together with a panel of legal and payroll professionals can prepare you!
You will learn:
- How and why to incorporate your business.
- Getting your business set up with a bank.
- Registering your business in Pennsylvania.
- Dealing with state and local tax authorities.
- The need for worker's compensation insurance.
- Forms your employees will need to fill out.
- Strategies for managing employment accounting and bookkeeping.
- Strategies for managing payroll and taxes.
- How to handle sexual harassment claims
- Dealing with misclassified workers and overtime regulations
- Issues with the use of 1099s
- When should I pay severance? Considerations when terminating employees.
Doors open at 8:30 am! Park in back, entrance is on the side-rear of the building!